Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A New Easter Tradish



Well not that kind of tie dye. These eggs are literally dyed with silk neck ties. I saw this project on Martha and knew we'd have to try it. It just so happens that Scott has a ridiculously large tie collection. (I'm quite sure it would take him at least five years worth of Sunday's to wear them all once.) Luckily he has some pretty funky ones, and (after a little persuading) he was willing to part with them for a crafty cause. So we made a quick trip to D.I. for a glass pot ($1) and a pillow case (50 cents) and it was time to get our craft on. Here's the end result. Cool huh?








I'm definitely impressed with how they turned out. And the process is so simple. (We did use hard boiled eggs instead of raw like Martha.)

This might just become an Easter tradition in the Jameson fam.

7 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

that is the coolest thing!

Anonymous said...

I predict a Relief Society Enrichment class coming up.

Nick and Jill said...

Awesome, how did you do this?

Camille said...

Those are AWESOME!! When I saw this picture on your blog I totally thought you had "stolen" some cute picture to make your blog look eastery--but I was so impressed to find out you made those great looking eggs. They are so cool! I might even have to try it next year--I know Jerel has some ties that I could let him part with. (I have to laugh at some of your hubby's ties too. lol)

Beka said...

those eggs are SO adorable!!

Stacy and Derek said...

Those turned out great! I wish we could have stayed and done them with you so I could have witnessed the magic! :)

Jessie Lewis said...

I was totally planning on doing this last year, along with her napkin ones, but never did. We didn't even do the generic dying of eggs this year. Too much going on. Yours look beautiful!