Monday, March 30, 2009

Thursday aka Doomsday

So I guess I knew it would be somewhat difficult going back to work after having a baby, but I never anticipated it would be this awful! I've been dreading this coming Thursday for quite some time. Not only is it the day I get fully forced back into a job I less than love, but it's also the first time I leave our tiny babe for longer than, I dunno, 3 hours? Ugh. I don't know what it is about leaving her that just kills me, I mean, I completely trust the individuals who will be taking care of her. We are very lucky to have so many friends and family members nearby to help us out with her, but when I think about leaving her, my chest just tightens up and the waterworks begin! How can I possibly leave her at this so important time in her life?! I feel like I'm going to miss out on so many firsts! Her first smile, laugh, words, crawl, steps, etc. Oy, I just don't know how I'm going to survive this! I think this picture pretty much sums up how I feel about going back to work:




(Seriously, how can you resist that face?!) So here I sit, savoring every second of time spent with my sweet baby, and dreaming of the day when Scott is coding/database managing at a fabulous company while I stay at home with our cuties :)

9 comments:

Jessie Lewis said...

I totally know how you feel. When I lost my job, and Casey and I were trying to figure out what the heck we were going to do, we were initially thinking I would have to go back to work. I would cry and cry at the thought of it, and every time we talked about it I would get weepy. It was the worst feeling. But we didn't have any family or friends that we could take her to, so I was thinking we would have to do daycare, and it scared me so much. But don't worry, you'll get to be with her soon enough.

Corinne said...

Hang in there. I know nothing I say makes it any better, but just keep reminding yourself that sometimes working outside the home is the best way you can be the best mom ever to your kids. You're awsome! You can do it!
PS. That picture is ADORABLE!!! I love it!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

I was gonna say the same thing as Corinne, I know this is hard and I also know that nothing I say will ease how difficult this is. But... she is right, sometimes working is part of being a Mother. You will tell sweet Eva about this someday and she will respect you and appreciate your willingness to sacrifice so much for her. You are teaching her an important lesson. You won't miss too much, she will save her smiles for when you come pick her up :) Love you, Jenna. You can do it.
And that picture is TOO CUTE!!!

Rocker Mama said...

You are a great mom to want to be there with her. The beautiful thing is that the "firsts" never go away. there will be lots in the future of you ad Eva. Someday there will also be the first day of school, the first day of Primary, the first friend, the first school lunch, etc... There will be so many firsts that you will be a part of wether you're there or not. You are a great mom! I've known a few who were happy to go back to work after their baby arrived. It just shows how much you are devoted to her, and her happiness. Keep your chin up, sista! ;)

LBJ said...

How lucky that adorable little granddaughter of mine is to have a mom who hates to leave her, even in good hands and for a short time. When I think of all the babies in the world whose Mom's don't even want to be with them and treat them with unkindness, even abuse, I'm so grateful for you and all other five awesome Moms who love my grandkids. Thank you! We will try to keep her happy while you're gone and it will be Ok, although it doesn't feel like it right now. This too shall pass!

Christie said...

Oh Jenna, I feel your pain! I worked full time after I had my first and the first day I left him I cried and cried. And cried. And I was upset that he didn't even notice that I was gone! :) I guess at 6 weeks old they don't notice yet.

Hang in there girl. I think she'll save the important firsts just for you.:)

Nikki said...

Oh I am sorry you feel sad, that has got to be hard. I know you will get thru it, even if you have to shed many tears, pray for some strength. She knows you love her.

The Garner Family said...

yeah - bokeh is the best. I need a new lens so I can get my aperture even lower. haha.

Do you want to do a wedding with me in a few weeks? It's Benson's brother's wedding - they asked me to be there to take pictures just at the reception {since I am setting up food and in most of the other ones} anyway - I thought you might like to come, let me know.

Anyway - come play again soon!

The Garner Family said...

Yeah! She did!! How do you know her? She is actually married to a good friend of mine from high school...