Monday, August 30, 2010

Big News


Man, have I been a bad blogger. Sometimes I dread posting on here after a long hiatus. I just have so much to catch up on. I've started realizing though that I miss documenting our lives on here. Everyone should have a place to record the important stuff. I know someday I'll be glad for this blog and the other journals we've kept. Anyway, I do have some pretty good excuses for being MIA over here all summer so I thought I'd start by documenting those.

Excuse number one, I'm pregnant!


The good:
We are stoked to welcome a new tiny babe to our family!
Miss Eva is sure to be the cutest big sister I know.
I'm already 16 weeks along, and we can't wait for February to get here!

The bad:
I've been WAY more sick and miserable than I was last time around.
The nearly constant nausea has yet to pass even now that I'm well into the second trimester.
Holy crap. Two kids? Not sure I'm ready for this!

The ugly:
My growing belly is pretty much all I've got for this one. Ha.
I already feel huge and have all but kissed my regular jeans goodbye. Hello elastic!

Despite the nonperks of being preggy, did I mention how excited we are about this?! SO excited. Like x19083458970. Here's to hoping this pregnancy goes a little more smoothly than my last. And now a few recent shots of the cute big sis to be!






9 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

congrats! two is fun! hard but the best :)
and I want to see belly pics :)

Brett and Shendi said...

2 is lots of fun. more laundry and you will be twice as busy but its fun

Tay said...

For nausea: B6 with every meal accompanied by half a unisom every night. Salt and vinegar chips (seriously.). And this time around, the aroma of orange juice was wonderful. One time my cousin made me a ginger tea, but I don't like tea so that wasn't much help.

Jolynn said...

Congrats!!!! I guess that baby hunger did come when you took Lincoln's photos. (jk). How exciting. Number 2 is great too.

Stacy and Derek said...

Yay for Baby #2! My boys can't wait to have another sweet baby in the family.

Sara Zahn said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you guys :D Yet, at the same time, horribly depressed that I'm not there.

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Congrats, again! We are so excited for you!!! And in my opinion, being a mom of one was so exhausting and busy. Besides all the normal mom and household duties, you're the only Eva has. Once I had Tyler, it wasn't long before the two of them entertained each other so well that I could accomplish so much while they played.
So excited!!!!!!

Beka said...

CONGRATS Jenna!! I just say get all you can in while you just have one...i love my baby, but we are home ALOT more now b/c i'm a anal- nap mom. I cant wait till he's ok w one nap:) But then i'll be pregnant again? its a vicious cycle:)the sacrifices we mommy's make!!

LBJ said...

I love so much all these new blogs and pictures of some of my favorite people. Love you.