Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 1

Day one of my BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA, that is! Aka the best week of the year. That's right I said week. We celebrate my birthday all week because we can. I highly recommend it actually.

Rule #1 to having the perfect week-long-birthday-celebration-of-awesomeness: presents are ALWAYS required welcomed. Especially ones like this ultrafab diaper bag that I've had a serious eye on. I knew there was a reason Scott and I waited to make the plunge into the world of cute diaperbag-ness. This one was on sale! So we pretty much went from having the single most ghettofied diaper bag ever (seriously it was that bad) to having the very cutest one ever! Many thanks to my great family for this sweet gift!


And now the second rule to this very important week of fun: deliciousness is a MUST. These hi hat cupcakes happen to be in the running for my all time favorite dessert, and believe me (or my waistline), I know desserts. If you haven't tried them, get out of here and get to baking! I have six of these beauties in my freezer this very moment, just waiting for me to pop in and say hello. The best part? They're dairy free! My saintly mother went to great lengths (ok so maybe just Sprouts) for some much needed dairy free ingredients, and in the end we enjoyed a very tasty treat! This has been my first taste of chocolate in three weeks and no wonder I was so grumpy. At last, the mystery is solved!

Don't they look positively delish?!

So there you have it. Highlights of day one, and some extremely important guidelines to having your very own week long palooza of birthday funness. More to come for shizzle.



By the way, the end of this rockin GIVEAWAY is mere hours away, so get busy and enter!

7 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

We celebrate 2 things a year for a solid 8 days. My birthday and Mother's Day. We call it Linsakkah and Momakkah. I have tried to do Dadakkah and Ryakkah but he isn't interested... more for me ;)

Christie said...

Happy birhtday to you! That's wonderful that you celebrate it for a whole week. Those cupcakes look amazing. I'm going to check out the recipe right now. :) Hope the rest of your week is wonderful!

Sara Zahn said...

Happy birthday week! Wow, a whole week... I'll have to talk to my husband about that great idea...
I know, our plans change soooo friggn' fast... My grandpa is still in the hospital and so I still am planning on coming. Plane tickets to get there are 40 bucks a pop so thats where I am now, just figuring out a good time to come. Charlie wont be there, just me and Autumn...

Audrey @ The Cloth Parcel said...

Happy Birthday! That bag is gorgeous, and those cupcakes look delish! I am super jealous of both of them. . . :) If you are ever in Utah, I really want you to do some family pictures for us.

Beka said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNA! i'm about ready to start baking those cupcakes right now- they do look absolutely delicious!! cant wait to try them out! and that diaper bag is super cute!

Lisa Shumway said...

Happy Birthday!
I always like to think of my birthday as birthday month!
Way cute diaper bag by the way

Jessie Lewis said...

Happy Birthday....week! I think I definitely need to take on this tradition.