Thursday, September 30, 2010

Talkin Bout My Girl



So Scott left today for a ten day business trip to Indiana. Let me tell you what, I'm not thrilled about it. We spent half our dating relationship doing the long distance thing, and I feel like I've paid my dues. The difference between then and now is that instead of lots of homework and five crazy roommates, I get to spend my days with the darn cutest girl I know. And that's why I'm grateful today. Eva's heart condition has been a pretty serious reminder to me of just how fragile and precious life is.

Since her little surgery, Eva and I have spent more time down on the floor playing, more time dancing in the kitchen together. I've felt myself trying to be a more patient, attentive, and loving mother to her, and these past few weeks, I've felt my love for Eva increase. Again, I am so grateful for this. Today though I'm missing Scott, I feel closer to Eva than ever, and I am so so glad for every day spent with her.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this post. I was thinking about you and your husbandless predicament just today. Maybe you should come over and have lunch with us while he's gone and we can scope out some settings for the upcoming shoot. Just an idea if you get lonesome. :)

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Glad you have found ways to grow and learn from the scary heart business. :)
I wish I was there, we could play and work on your house and play!!!

LBJ said...

Like Linsey, I wish I was there. We could get some things done in your house,have some fun and I could get some of that "Eva time" myself while you did a little play time the girls. But then, what could be better than being with that adorable Eva person! Experience sure teaches us good lessons, doesn't it, although not easily.
You're awesome and getting more so every day.