Monday, October 4, 2010

A Husband Free Guide to Survival


I've said it before and I'll say it again. We miss Scott. The end of today marks the halfway point of his trip, which means we've made it without him for five whole days! Well besides the play dates, friendly visits, and family time, there've been a few other things gettin us through. Definitely things I recommend for any good husband free length of time. First up is good movies and television. It's been a period film marathon over here, and thanks to some friends, I've become slightly obsessed with Friday Night Lights. Soo good.





Next on my list are good books to read. I go through phases with reading. I grew up loving it, devouring every book in sight, and sometimes I still get in those moods where I can't get enough. Lately that's been just my mood, and with Scott gone, I've had more time to get lost in my books each night. These are a few of my recent reads, rereads, and future reads.






Of course this list also wouldn't be complete without good food. For me this includes not only good snacks, but also delicious dinners. I finally feel like I'm out of my early pregnancy nauseous/lazy phase (it's about time at 21 weeks along!), but now I've been in craving city. Bring on the sugar cereal! These have been my most recent go to munchies.



And some favorite dinners as of late.



Last but not least, as of today, we've enjoyed some pretty fabulous weather, and I'm hoping there's a lot more where that came from. This means playing outside, which is a big deal. We haven't played outside for more than two seconds since like March! And this cute girl loves to play outside.



So there you have it, my must have survival list for living Scott free :)
Here's to lasting the next five days without him!

7 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Jenna, you are a girl after my own heart. Many of your books are some of my favorites and of course I LOVE FNL and The Young Victoria! If I were you, I would want my husband to leave more often is that is how I would spend my time while he was away. And of course, life is always good with a bowl of lucky charms, yummers!!!

Corinne said...

I'm jealous! I've been trying to read a bunch of those books & I LOVE those period movies. Glad you are surviving. Let us know if you want to play sometime.

Dawn said...

Looks like you've been busy. Loved your food choices! I noticed in your stack of books "All American Girl" by Meg Cabot. I liked that book but didn't love the sequel. She does, however, have another series. The first one is called "Boy Next Door." It is written in email form. Pretty clever writing style. You might like it, if you can ever fit it in with all your other books. :) Take care and let us know if you need anything before Scott gets home!

LBJ said...

Now all you need is a good craft project and you've done the whole "wife alone" thing perfectly. Glad you're doing OK. And don't forget the long phone conversations. Glad you're doing well.

Scott J said...

It's a good thing I'm not gone too much longer because it sounds like I'm missing a party. Love you hon.

Scott J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacquee said...

I always pull out my Jane Austen films when my husband is out of the house. That was a great list of books, too. I've been meaning to check out Sophie Kinsella but haven't found the time.

If you haven't read them I would strongly suggest The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, The Road by Cormac McCarthy or Life of Pi by Yann Martel.