Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lunch California Style


The best part about Scott's and my California getaway was just getting to be together. It's so rare that we spend a whole day together just us, and those kinds of days are my favorite.

This is us.
(And another one of my attempts to be in more photos.)

After our morning in Newport Beach, we mosey'd over to Balboa Island for lunch. Scott read a review of this little local place online that said it was great partly because tourists don't know it. I guess that myth is busted. We totally tainted it with our tourist ways.

Look how hard he's studying that menu.
It's like he misses school or something.
Riiiight.

I enjoyed the scenery and snapped some photos while Scott...
played on his phone.
Naturally.






Sometimes that phone gets more attention than I do.
And that's when we start to have a problem, that phone and I.
I like to think I win.
Naturally.


Food glorious food!
Mmm I can still taste those onions.
I've never liked onions before in my life, but I'm currently obsessed.
me+onions=love.


Sometimes we play with our food (all the time).




The monumental first bite.

And the result.


The perfect lunch with the perfect boy.
So delish.


Still more to come.

1 comment:

Sarah B. said...

Hey Jenna
I am so glad we can be blog buds now. You're little family is so cute.
P.S. you're pics are cute too